vrijdag 13 augustus 2010

Dieting



Hi,

my first workout went well. I don't have yet all my strength back but here is what I did in yesterday's workout

1)Bench press 2 warm-up sets with 70 kg followed by 3 sets of 9 reps with 95 kg
2)Bent rowing 2 warm-up sets with 50 kg followed by 3 sets of 9 reps with 70 kg
3)Back Squats 3 sets of 9 reps with 100 kg
4)Barbell curls 3 sets of 9 reps with 50 kg
5)Seated Tricep extensions 3 sets of 9 reps with 40 kg
6)seated barbell press 3 sets of 9 reps 45 kg
7)deadlifts 3 sets of 5 reps with 110 kg

next time I'll try to do 11 reps with the same amount of weight!

Dieting
There is a lot of controversy on this topic. Everybody knows that your diet is even more important than your workout. 90% is dieting and 10% is workout. Today's bodybuild magazines tell you to eat 6-8 meals a day. In the 40's and 50's there wasn't such thing as a 6-meal plan. Classic bodybuilders only ate 3 or 4 meals a day and didn't count their calories or proteins. They just ate healthy food which contains a lot of protein. In my two years of training I followed a sort of the Steve Reeves diet, with success.

breakfast: Powershake (2 eggs, 1 banana, 250 ml orange juice, 1 scoop of protein, 1 tablespoon of honey)
lunch: 200 gr cottage cheese, some bread, handful nuts and raisins, a glass of milk and a piece of fruit
workout drink: 1 tablespoon of honey, 200 ml orange juice and water
dinner: 300 gr of chicken/turkey/fish/... with some rice or potatoes and vegetables

In my first year I went from 62 kilos to 78 kilos. But there was some fat tissue showing so I decided I had to lose some wheight. Then I replaced my lunch by a powershake like I had for breakfast, drunk no longer the workout drink and for dinner I didn't ate potatoes or rice. With this meal I lost 6 kilos in just 4 or 5 weeks without doing any cardio, without chaning my workout routine (so no higher reps or less rest between sets), and most important: without losing muscles!!!

Now I'm trying something really different. I give the 6-meal-plan a try because I got a little tired of doing the same diet all year long. My current diet for bulking (healthy!):

Morning:
shake (2 eggs, 500 ml milk, half a banana)
shake (250ml milk, half a banana, 1 scoop of whey protein)

Lunch:
150 gr of chicken/turkey/fish
vegetables
60 gr pasta/rice/potatoes
a piece of fruit

afternoon snack:
30gr of oats
glass of apple juice
1 proteinshake

dinner:
same as lunch

Post-workout:
30 gr of oats
glass of orange juice
1 proteinshake

before bedtime snack:
300 gr quark cheese
piece of fruit

this is a diet about 2800 calories (210 gr of proteine, 350 gr carbs, 60 gr fats)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or write a reaction.


Best wishes,
Bruno

1 opmerking: